Friday, August 7, 2015

Never underestimate coffee with friends.

We've been pretty much been screaming, Norb and I have, for the last few months. Okay, years.
For Wisdom.
Sometimes together, through some long, dark nights.
Sometimes separate. Hard stuff does that to couples. It pulls. It attempts to tear apart.

We haven't known, don't know, what to do in the middle of some very serious stuff.

I've overused the phrase I Got Nothin'. But it hasn't changed.
I
We
really haven't known, and continue to not know, what to do.

But here I sit today.
With my own coffee in hand.

I've cried a lot of tears this morning. God-tears. The kind I cry when I talk with God about God-only stuff.
God-only stuff is the stuff that only He can do anything about.
God-only moments. My soul, hyperventilating, gasping for air, for a whisper of breath.
He comes with the paper bag, gently holds it over my mouth.
Breath in.
Breath out.
Breathe in.
Breathe out.

The Holy Spirit fills me with His breath. Life. Peace.
The ability to trust Him - we'll call it patience.
Being loved. An all encompassing, marrow-deep kind of love.

While I sit here with my own mug of coffee, wrestling in the peaceful surrender of knowing He knows, I'm reminded of coffee with friend

A month ago, an impulsive trip was taken. It was our anniversary. We needed a break...

An impromptu coffee date was had with a friend.
A friend who knows our family, and who loves our boy.
How's the boy?
...
Send him my way.

That is happening now.
It is good ... we didn't see that coming when we walked in the eclectic coffee shop, with it's industrial decor and it's huge community table in the lower east side of town. We didn't realize on this, our third cup of the day, we would be handed this opportunity.

Today, we're praying for our boy, for the deep stuff to happen in a month of serving.
We're begging God, really, for the transforming stuff to continue, because we know it started years ago, but that next level of growing. It has to happen. There is no option.
And he's being cared for and challenged and held accountable and seeing the world is bigger then himself.
Beautiful.

A couple months ago, two like-minded men were introduced.
Had a coffee, cause that's what my Man does.
Two polar-opposite life stories - understatement of the year.
Think drug cartel meets preacher man.
Stories are shared. Hearts and passions are connected.
What's your story?
...
I think I have something for him... I think it's exactly what he needs.
Would he meet me?
I wanna help.

Sometimes it takes a village.

This is happening now.
It is good... I hope. I didn't see it coming at all.
Today we are praying for our other boy as well, for the deep, deep transforming has-to-happen-miracle.
We are praying for the continued healing of a
mind and heart and will. The breaking down of walls around a battle-weary soul.
Make or break?
God doesn't make mistakes. I'm positive. But when my faith is weak, I freak out.
Like my own PTSD. I've seen stuff, I've lived stuff and it's not for the faint of heart.
I've watched, endured and lived Bad.

That's why the God-tears.
That's why I'm living the God-stuff right now.

So maybe my take away for you, my reader?
Go have coffee with a friend.







No comments: