Friday, May 8, 2015

The Mother's Day Checklist!

Let's hear it for Mother's Week or even Mother's Month.
Go big or go home!!!
  • afternoon Tea booked with my Mama and sisters ... in two weeks mind you, but it's booked  (curse you procrastination) - check
  • card bought for my Mom-in-law, and signed by 8 people ... but not yet mailed  (curse you AGAIN procrastination!) - kind of check
  • pedicure with my girl-who's-now-a-mama - check
The Nail Lounge with my Girl!
  • delicious cake from Susie Cakes bought (thank you sweet girl xo) and devoured by both of us - check
  • flowers delivered to my door from my Man - check
    Roses from my Man
  • decisions made  (Don't judge. Deciding is half the battle for me.)
    • brunch at a restaurant or at home? 
    • or should we have lunch or dinner on Sunday and where?
    • can everyone make it? - check                   
  • working really hard on NOT putting so much pressure on myself, my husband, my kids or the universe  - check (kind of)
You might notice this isn't a list of what others will do for me ...
     with the exception of the beautiful flowers that landed on my doorstep
     at such a perfect time....
     PERFECT time I tell you!  Thank you Babe xo

But it is how I've decided to celebrate this nationally appointed day to celebrate Moms.

I am a mom
and every day I thank God for that privilege.

I thank God every day for my sweet Girl
my courageous young Men (all four of them)
and my adorable Granddaughter

Let's not sit around this year,
waiting for the accolades and the parade in our honor
    the perfect card or they-know-me-so-well gift
          the Facebook post that is so amazing that it trends

Let's give ourselves a break from expectations
     that I'm afraid too often
            we ALL fall short of.

Say it with me ....
      Happy Mother's Day to me!

now go get your nails done






No comments: