Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I have a confession to make ...

Chatty Kathy circa 1969ish
My nick name as a baby? 
Chatty Kathy (don't laugh) 
  It was the 60's
       there was a doll
            yada yada....


Okay ... this is my blog so I'll be the first to admit that my whole 50+ years of life I've struggled & fought to control how much to say, 
or when to say it 
or if I should even say it at all. 
But thankfully for me, I'm not alone....

Some of us are more chatty then others (see adorable picture of cute 60's baby).  
It doesn't seem to matter how it's being communicated - computer, phone, iPad, or that gaping hole in my head... ahhh!!!

(I've already typed, deleted, typed some more, deleted some more...)

Yet there's more to this personal confession...

I Love Zingers!*
There - I said it

Zingers are awesome,
Zingers are amazing, 
    attention-getting 
        rushes of adrenaline!
They're bursts of you're-awesome-cause-you-said-that morsels of delight. 

Whether it's short-lived or not, you know you agree, there's something really seemingly amazing about laying it out there, tellin' it like it is, just keeping people informed, you're welcome!

But oh those you-won't-believe-what-I-gotta-tell-you moments?
Sometimes, 
No!
Very often!
They're told at the risk of saying way too much my friend... You know what I'm talking about.

So every day,
    every blessed day 
        and multiple moments in each day, 
I work on reigning in that tongue of mine, like a stinkin' horse in a corral

Every day, I attempt to control my fingers while typing. It seems I work very hard to wear out that ol' delete button on my keypad.
I could practice counting to 10 first 
or maybe say the alphabet backwards
 ...in Hebrew 
(FYI I don't know Hebrew)  
before my index finger posts that morsel of wisdom, 
or it presses the no-return Send button

And texting! oh my!  
Emoticons (cute smiley faces, various colors of hearts, piles of poop) aren't enough people, they don't fix everything... I've tried.

With one single sentence 
~I tell myself~
I could become the self-proclaimed coolest person in the room, on Facebook, on Twitter... on the whole dang internet!

Finally. That zinger high...
Such a crash.
"no one else has the guts to say this so I'll be the conduit of justice"
has resulted in a lot of face-palms and whincy faces over here

It's like this, it just becomes an adrenaline rush, but kind of like jumping out of a plane without a parachute on.
Not good, people
not good at all!

So let's strap on that parachute my friend. Together we can do this. We can kick this Zinger addiction.
You're next ... 
How often do you find yourself jumping without your chute on? 



*zinger - a word or phrase that makes others gasp; makes their mouth drop open; makes their eyes tear up; gives the zingerist the illusion that they are the coolest one in the room


No comments: