Wednesday, April 15, 2015

fog


I've been in a strange fog,
I feel like I've been in a fog since last spring when my chipper, not-so-athletic self went out for a anger-aversion run. You know the type - either yell inappropriate things at your child or anyone that gets in the way, or get outta Dodge and run like ...
It's better to run I tell ya.
I put on some shorts. I laced up my running shoes and got out of the house.
On that run, I fell. Not just an awkward, can't believe I did that and boy will I feel bruised tomorrow kind, but the slam my body to the ground and break a shoulder kind. I screamed and yelled and cried the whole way to ER while my sister just nodded, and winced (she has serious shoulder issues) and empathized, never once sending a judgmental comment my way ... thank you very much Karen!

The broken shoulder landed in the midst of a few years of chaos, sadness, uncertainty and often fear for my family - for ones I love so much. Months of beautiful moments and months of impossible moments have followed. Exhausting.

...

I've been writing more lately. I've been playing with my sweet grandbaby whenever possible.
I went for a walk yesterday, then again today.

Sometimes that's what it takes. When the fog starts to dissipate - even just a bit.
Lace up your running shoes and go for a walk, just be very careful.

No comments: