Friday, April 10, 2015

Faith as small as the lint in my pocket

This week I watched my faith get so tiny.
It was like watching waves get smaller and smaller until there seemed to be no movement.
It's like when you can't even see the ocean, the water, the sand
Can't hear the crashing waves, or smell the salt air.
But like the ever constant ocean, too large to move or wish away
       God is there.
Maybe I take my eyes off of Him because of that bully named fear.
      Ahhh fear, he's always trying to block my path 
          but with just a whisper ... Jesus ... he's gone

Sometimes my attention was diverted by other possibilities or "hopes" or answers, turning my head from The Answer
Often I couldn't see past the tears
   Tears of what-ifs and overwhelming sorrow.

But that ocean never left. And true to it's form there was always movement. 
    faith alone ... powerless
    Faith in God ... powerful enough to move mountains of despair

Silent ripples of ocean water, dappling along the sand, it's there.
He's there!



1 comment:

Timmarie said...

Powerful. Thank you for sharing.