Friday, May 1, 2015

Do you wanna go to lunch?

Thats all it took...

A simple phone call

One question

Do you wanna go to lunch?

He said "sure" and before I knew it there we sat, eating Mexican food
my 21-year-old son and I. 
I can feel your high-fives and fist bumps, you mothers of the Young Adult Male.

Maybe you figured this out before me, or maybe this sounds to you like it would take an act of God for your young adult child to wanna spend time with his mama, 
Well my friend, 
mothers, aunts or grandmas of this unique species, I sit before you today giving you hope. 

What began as a seemingly normal day for this unemployed, writer-wannabe, mom of 3.8 grown children (Youngest Boy - days away from 17, almost young adult).

Oldest Boy had an unexpected day off work... 

The rest is the beautiful story to tell
A moment-in-time, part of my Mom memories.
I picked the place, I paid (he was my date ...)

We took a selfie.

He's so handsome!

We went to Target.
We went home.

It was the simplest of moments ...  and it started with the simplest of questions.

Try it. They might say yes!

No comments: