Friday, May 29, 2015

Oh my aching, menopausal brain!!

So I'm driving down the freeway on this glorious, sunny California day and I get a great idea for a blog post. When the idea hits me I'm immediately lamenting that I didn't bring my laptop with me in the car. I got this... I'll use my phone.

See? Perfect spot.
After following The Slowest Person In The World into the Costco parking lot, I find it. The perfect parking spot... you know the one. Up close to the door AND beside the cart doohickey-thing. Shopping at Costco is exhausting and I need an efficient get-away (these are important details to a productive Friday).

I pull into my spot, put the car in park, pick up my phone.
I hit my Evernote app (A most excellent tool for note taking and blog writing... you're welcome)

...  and now I'm just sitting here.
Nothing ...

just the sound of chirping coming out of my brain

Obviously I'm writing this blog post but that's only because I'm so irritated with myself that I can't remember what that brilliant idea was. Arrgh!!

Curse you brain!!!

freakishly massive
and delicious
smoothie/bowl thingy
It's time to do the backtrack ...


  • Had a bad sleep last night (back is killing me)...
  • Popped by Natalie's and got my Sophie kiss (feeling better)...
  • Went for a walk with my friend this morning…
    • we found an awesome "Attic Sale" - attics are awesome...
    • bought a couple vintage toys (score!!)...
    • we ate a freakishly massive smoothie/bowl thing...

That's it! Walking with Kelly this morning was my inspiration. Got me thinking about good friends, and times when you don't seem to have friends, and never taking for granted the friends you do have. Now is that so hard to remember you aging, menopausal brain?

And now, cause I've been sitting in my running car (sorry environment) racking my brain to get the thought back
- I'm exhausted.
I don't have the energy to actually write anymore.

That's all I got ...

Happy Friday!!

By the way, that microphone button on our blessed iPhone? It's brilliant I tell ya!
It's how you get a blog written when you don't carry your laptop with you everywhere.
It's how you type any more than two words on your iPhone when you're brain doesn't cooperate and you're beyond irritated and ... that's that.








No comments: