Monday, October 27, 2014

Pneumonia. I don't like you so go away...

Netflix bingeing
   boxes and boxes of Kleenex 
             and sleep
 throw in a little Hulu (ok - a lot)
      cup after cup of green tea
            and a few doctor's visits
That has been my life for the last 17 days

I know I'm not feeling well when I don't even want to bake.
I know I'm sick when I don't get up until 10 ... on a good day.

But today, I'm back to work.
I don't have much energy because pneumonia thinks it needs to hang out for awhile longer, despite the extremely large doses of antibiotics I took for 11 days.
But I'm back at a desk, with a foggy brain and a thermos full of green tea.

It happens to be a slow day here at work, before a very busy week ahead.
For that I am grateful.
My parents have offered to bring us dinner tonight
For that I am extremely grateful.
I'm the only one in my house that has pneumonia (I think) and I'm definitely thankful for that cause well, this just sucks!

So people,
   get your flu shot
   drink your tea
   take your vitamins
   wash your hands
and if none of that works then just grab your blanket, your vaporizer and your juice.
I promise not to tell anyone that you watched every episode of Seasons 1 and 2 of Gilmore Girls ... your secret's safe with me.

No comments: