Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Who Was, Who Is, Forever ...

Holy Holy Holy
   Is the Lord God Almighty
Who Was
     and Is
       and Is to come

*Either I believe it … the whole thing
 or it's all rubbish
        and I'm a fool!

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come…

Holy, holy, holy 
        is the Lord God Almighty
Who was  
     and is
        and is to come …

Over and over, and over again.
Every moment of every day
  when I'm sleeping
  while I'm driving
  when I'm watching TV or writing a blog
  while sitting at a desk
         or having dinner around the table

when I'm angry
    when I'm laughing,
while I'm crying, feeling impatient, expressing love …

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come …

Holy, holy, holy
   is the Lord God Almighty,
      Who was, and is and is to come ….

When the world looks huge and insurmountable, my problems seem overwhelming
When I think I'm all that, my contentment and happiness the most important thing
When I'm frustrated, focusing on "what might happen"
    or consumed with the you've-gotta-be-kidding times in my life

It doesn't take me being aware to make something real. Truth doesn't need my permission or even my participation in order to be true!

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was, and is and is to come …

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. 
And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said,
    Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this. 
At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven and someone sitting on it. And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. 
Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders…
From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. 
Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.
In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures… 
Day and night they never stop saying:
     Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, 
     who was, and is, and is to come.
Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever.
They lay their crowns before the throne and say: 
     You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power,
     for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being…

*I believe …

(Holy, holy, holy is my Lord, God, the Almighty One, You were before. You are right now, and You will be forever… Everything I've accomplished, anything that I am - it's Yours. I give it up, over and over again. Only You are worthy to receive any glory, any honor, all power. You are the Creator of all, You will all things in to being.
Holy, holy holy ...)



No comments: